In a blink of an eye Autumn is upon us and before we know it winter will have well and truly arrived. Perhaps inspired by being a September baby, this does not fill me with woe and infact there are lots of things that winter has to offer, that makes me more optimistic than most.
Not convinced? Ok check out my top five things to love about winter and hopefully this will change your mind;
1. Number 1 has to be duvet days and cosy evenings in, whilst the rain is falling outside and the wind is howling, there is nothing better than being wrapped up in the warmth on the sofa.
2. Quality TV returns - boxset season is finally over, as quality tv programmes resume.
3. Knitwear - when it comes to quality clothing, nothing beats winter collections! Quality made polo necks, jumpers, cardigans, ponchos, the possibilities are endless!
4. Winter warming grub - despite eating hot meals all year round, I can now eat soup at lunchtime at work without looking like a weirdo.
5. Comfy shoes - out goes the strappy gladiator sandals that are more fashionable than practical and the wedge peep-toe that requires constant pedicure perfection and incomes woolly socks and moonboots - Yey!